20 Questions That Helped Me Take A Leap Of Faith And Change Careers
Views: This article has been read
user(s) have rated this article
When I was working more than 45 hours a week in a job with a two hour commute each day, the challenge of a new husband, new step children, two beagle dogs and maintaining a home was more than a stretch! Something had to give, and unfortunately I was the one starting to not be able to hold it togethe
When I was working more than 45 hours a week in a job with a two hour commute each day, the challenge of a new husband, new step children, two beagle dogs and maintaining a home was more than a stretch! Something had to give, and unfortunately I was the one starting to not be able to hold it together!
It was a Catch 22 situation. We had an expensive home near the city center with large mortgage costs, which demanded feeding through joint incomes. So we took (what seemed) a gigantic leap of faith and sold the house, buying a less expensive one further into the suburbs. This house is actually on more land and better than our 'old' one. The best thing is the upkeep is less, the house larger and the area more pleasant.
The next big leap was for me to get fully involved in our home business, which my husband had been working for six months. At first I couldn't see how a home business could keep me interested after mergers, acquisitions, share floats and working with some of the largest corporations in our country (and the world). This really was a worrying point for me.
However, I soon discovered a home business could contain all the excitement, victories and thrills of my previous work, without the stress, backstabbing and hassles from people. For me the challenge is interesting and results rewarding. So, to help those who are toying with the idea of making a change, rest assured a home business can be a great vehicle for you to gain work life balance and enjoy your family as well as make a good income.
One of the great things about many home businesses, is that you can get them started while you are in your current job and make a full time transition when you and your business is ready. You can take things at your own pace?.after all, it's your business!
To help you know what to look for when considering an internet based home business, here are 20 questions to ask.
1. Is there a large market for the products?
2. What type of person would use the product? Nearly everyone or only people from a narrow demographic?
3. Are there a range of products to suit a range of human needs?
4. What is the industry trend? Rising, shrinking or stagnant?
5. Imagine five, ten and 20 years into the future. Can you see this product still being popular?
6. Is the product one that is consumed by customers and need to be replaced on a regular basis?
7. Is the product one that can build customer loyalty?
8. How is the product delivered to customers? Drop ship from warehouse, over the internet, or you deliver it?
9. Is there are proven business system, or do you have to create one? (ouch!)
10. Will they provide you with proven sales material? (links, banners, classified ads, sales letters etc)
11. Will they give you leeway to develop your own promotional material?
12. How often will you receive a commission check?
13. Do you get a large percentage of each sale as your commission?
14. Can you be notified electronically of a sale?
15. Is there a reputable sales tracking system? Can you access this online?
16. Is there training and support? Do you have someone to talk to or are you left on your own? Is this round-the-clock and both online and offline?
17. How long as the company been operating?
18. Do they have a track record of meeting their promises to affiliates?
19. Is the company listed on a stock exchange and meet corporate legislation?
20. Who runs the company? Are they well respected and credible?
Suzanne Beardsmore is a busy HR Manager, mother to teenage family and homemaker. She has found balance by replacing her corporate income with a home business. If you are interested in earning $500-$5,000+ per month around your schedule, visit: http://free2liv.com/?refid=20qstns-567888466